Sunday, 8 January 2012

Top 10 Breakcore Artists

I decided to create myself, and for you guys of course, a top 10 list! The list will include some artists who produce some of my favorite tracks in the wonderful, beastly, wrecking, and soothing world of Breakcore.  I didn't put a lot of thought into this list btw, because picking a favorite artist for anything is super hard, but I'll do my best! GO TEAM! So here we go lets get it going. The content below will display the list

12. Autechre - This is one of artists that really isnt breakcore but had a huge impact on the IDM scene, and the IDM scene had a huge impact on the breakcore scene. They are both close in comparison but it's less intense.
Here is a track that i liked Called "Rae"


11. ยต-ziq - I herd a lot of his catolog and I like a decent amount to know that this dude knows how to chill. some of his stuff is pretty relaxed and not too in your face. This tracks called Hectors House


10. Line 47 - I havent bought anything from him to know all of what he has, i have heard some of his songs in mixes, and this guy is a smooth operator. Quality! Here is a track from him


9. Datach'i - Just discovered this and it is golden, I need to listen to more! I am lovin the shit out of it right now. here's a track called "Rye Pierce Fence Watching"


8. Arena - I have no idea who this is, I had a cd with him on it and is totally kicks my ass everytime. One of the more quality I have heard. Check it out. This one's called "Hectic"


7. Ove-NaXx - This producer hails from the land of japan in Osaka. I love me some japanese breakcore. Iduno what they put in their cerial every morning but i hope they keep it up. this one is called "Rollin 'the OVe's Dick Hemroid"


6. Acrnym - In your face and intense. Gets me hard as fuck everytime... iduno why i am telling you this! have a listen. "knife"


5. I broke my robot - Just Discovered this beast. I will post more on him but for now he is in the top 5! Accept it! "tomorrow does not exist"


4. Dev/Null - This is one of the bigs that will get thrown out there a lot. For good reason too, cuz he pwns ur shit. If you are looking for quality you found it right here. One of my fav tracks from him "Big boring bass"


3.CDR - For sure my favorite japanese breakcore artists. He does a lot of really weird shows, sometimes i think theres something wrong with him but he makes good music. "Tan Theme"


2. The Flashbulb - Benn L. Jordan. Prolific as fuck. Has to be the man who got me into IDM and then breakcore. Definitely changed my life for the better. his latest albums arent really breakcore ish but he paved the way. Legend! "Lawnwake IV


1. Venetian Snares - Obviously! like fuck, who else. Numero Uno. He is Number one for a reason and totally rapes ass hard as fuck. You don't even know. I'll let his music do the talking. "Ion Divvy"

Here have another
 

I know I said 10 but there is 12. Rules are meant to be broken. What you going to do about it? It took me over an hour just to post this because i had to go in the html to do this and i HATE HTML a lot!
I hope you enjoyed my post!

Stay classy San Diego

30 comments:

Chris said...

haven't heard of any of them, but i'm glad i have now. thanks for sharing!

darpee said...

Line 47 - Love it!

Omnislash said...

Never heard of these people before, but thanks for the great share.

CodingAndHacking said...

This is some weird music, but somehow i dont dislike it.

NayNaySIXX said...

Never heard of them before, some i liked but unfortunately, some i didnt.

Kompot said...

Nice post, thanks!

Zap McBlowfist said...

Great stuff was just listening to tracks whilst shaving... it made me go faster lols. Keep 'em coming!

Rustysoutdooradventures said...

Seems like a pretty sweet list to me!

Dave Natan said...

Angerfist fan here, don't know if relevant but just so you know :D I've broken myself up pretty bad more than a few times at a nice cosy rave.

Bersercules said...

Great list! I'm finding a lot of songs I've never heard before!

sonnema said...

cool man thx

Vulcan Raven said...

very nice to know new songs. I love music. following you now, man

Kristjan said...

I also didn`t know these before. Glad I do now.

Scooter said...

number 8...all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D loved it pretty nuts if i do say so myself lol

JacobMayhem said...

I think a lot of us can agree we haven't heard of any of these, but hey, I'm not complaining! Thanks!

Gazman said...

Awesome songs

The Hot Lady said...

Followed.

Novelpiece said...

Flashbulb is definitely my favorite. You have earned yourself a follower.

Alex Rowe said...

Venetian Snares definitely deserves to be the top of the list.

WeiseGuy said...

Haven't heard of most of them either, but still good music. Thanks for the share.

Scott said...

Flashbulb is level thousand.

Kilsr said...

Thanks for the good feedback guys, I was afraid no one would like any of this.

sonnema said...

sweet list

Nothing Worth A Million Dollars said...

nice list, didnt listen to any of em before.

BragonDorn said...

Woooo!!! GO TEAM!!!

sirako said...

you are missing my favorite, drumcorps

Phillip Hickok said...

have you heard breakcore before? this is literally all IDM tracks...lol

look up Sickboy, Drumcorps, Doormouse, Stunt Rock, Anonymous, DJ Scud, Kovert, Aphasic, Duran Duran Duran, Eletric Kettle, I:Gor, Rotator, OLD venetian snares...his new stuff (post 2003 or so) is all IDM, Dev/Null, Drop The Lime, etc. etc. etc....

then you'll understand the difference between breakcore and IDM...

ref. - Been a breakcore DJ since 2001

pabibreakcore said...

Relevant: Pacific Asian breakcore compilation callout:

http://pabibreakcore.wordpress.com/2014/05/05/announcement/

Denys Kornev said...

the most of this is idm actually and not breakcore.

Unknown said...

I would throw in Shitmat and also some Aaron spectre. But your list is a great one.

Post a Comment